Mar 21, 2012
The Business of Women in Business Series
There is much to say about women in business, women at the top, top CEO’s, women on the board, female business owners… According to some statistics, female business owners are increasing at a rate of about 70% compared to male new business owners. Why? Flexibility is a premium commodity when most women are still doing the majority of the home management – she is raising a family, keeping house, doing the school run and preparing meals and cleaning the home too. So, owning your own business provides the flexibility she needs to also spend valuable time with family and manage the home ensuring all needs are met… But are women taking care of their own needs?
However, are women willing to make the time to do what is takes to make their lives easier?
Are women really willing to put themselves first?
Do they want to grow their business before they take care of themselves?
Recently I ran a Goddess Retreat, that is what I have been doing for 3 years now and when launching a social media event inviting many of my contacts, the feedback was “I am too busy in my business right now”, “I have all my funds tied up in my business at the moment” , “I couldn’t get away for a weekend, there is too much going on”…
I was shocked to discover how little women actually put themselves first, they would rather spend money on their business then spend it on their own development. They would prefer to grow their business than grow themselves and there is no consideration in the budget for self development. So how does your business expand beyond its current status if you are not expanding?
Putting business first is a crazy notion that opens women to a world of burnout, overwhelm, chronic conditions, stress and many other related problems and a potential a stale business that is not evolving.
If you are not investing in your personal development and expansion, how can you expect your business to grow and expand?
As a woman, if you are not refilling your energy tank, how can you have enough energy for everything and everyone else?
If you are not valuing you as the most important person in the world, then how can anyone else value you in the same way?
A Business is an organic entity that grows with you. I’ve found the more I evolve and expand my thinking and life experience and the clearer I am of the past, the more I invest into my own development and explore wider possibilities for myself, the more my business grows with me and the more money I make. Ultimately, the freer I am, the less stressed and happier I become.
The same is true in the case of being employed – the more you develop new ways of being an incredible woman and leader, the more possibilities you are creating in your workplace and life.
What I know is true is this; the more I learn and discover about self management, the more I ‘fuel up on life skills and tools’, the less troubled I am by stress and fatigue related challenges and obstacles. Life in general becomes happier, easier and more successful. Balance Reigns!
If you have never been taught, how do you give to yourself first when it’s never been a priority?
How do you self-manage more efficiently so you can enjoy more quality time with loved ones and experience greater success?
Here are 10 secrets I would like to share;
1) Decide where in your life would like to develop or change the most and what skills you would like more of. Where is the most pain right now? IE personal relationships, career, health and decide to do something about it
2) Research what courses, workshops and Retreats are available, ask for referrals from friends.
3) Schedule Time for your personal development into your yearly schedule.
4) Make allowances in your budget for your personal growth, ensuring then that your business or career will also evolve
5) Set up implementation time in your weekly schedule and priorities time for you to replenish your energy and reset your focus for the week to come. At least 2 hours a week should be yours only.
6) Delegate tasks where possible to staff, outsourcing companies, family and friends and remember to ask for help.
7) Be open minded that there is always something more to learn, more of life to experience and when you are not learning and growing you are slowly withering away…
8) Seek professional advise if you have troubling or reoccurring challenges you need assistance with. Sometimes one on one guidance is the best way to start – Get a coach.
9) Maintain a healthy, energetic body, drink lots of water and allow for plenty of rest
10) Get excited because prioritising you means that others get to see the best of you also. When you put your needs first, the world around you changes and you are freer to assist others. Remember to celebrate your decision to be your BEST!
Reducing emotional, mental and physical illness, divorce, and stress related illness is a driving force in Top Secret Women’s Business and the one thing I WANT YOU TO KNOW IS; there are solutions available in every city over the whole world. There is no reason to suffer in any way through overwhelm, abuse, bullying, depression or fatigue. There is no reason why your business cannot excelerate and your career flourish. It all starts with YOU.
I ask you to put your wellbeing first – learn, heal and then see the difference for yourself. This is your life after all…
If you are interested in joining me at my next Goddess Retreat, please email me at email@example.com. If you are keen to start a personal journey and cannot attend an event, then I have an online 12 week FEMME MATRIX Coaching Program which is specifically designed to assist in your future success, add to your life tool box and bring much happiness to your life. Talk to me or click here for more information.
Yours Real and Raw
Top Secret Women’s Business Pty. Ltd.
All Rights Reserved ©